Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Mission impossible: time management

How do normal people manage their lives? I imagine myself to be a fairly well organized and energetic person, but I always feel as if I’m constantly trying to catch up. I’m never quite on top of things and although I’m hanging on I’m not able to keep up. There’s always another load of laundry, or a dirty floor, or a bill that needs to be paid. I never have enough time for the boys or the husband, and I don’t see my friends even remotely as often as I would like to. There’s never an extra hour for a work-out and there’s hardly ever enough food in the house. I’m constantly reminded that I don’t know anything about what’s going on in the world around us, let alone in the literary development or what happened in the last episode of Lost. I always have a party to plan or an event to prepare for, and something constantly seems to come up!

Who lives in a clean house, has all clothes washed, folded and put away and the dishes done? Whose fridge is always full of nutritious food and who keeps children, husband and friends constantly happy? Who manages to work out every other day to stay fit, all the while working full-time and still gets the 7 hours of sleep every night that is needed? Who can prepare for birthday parties and participate in school activities while keeping up with the world news and Lost? Who manages all these things?! (without paid help of course) Please let me know because I would like to find out how this person does it. Is there a trick? An art?

By Lovain

No comments: