Friday, March 03, 2006

A catholic priest and two Rabbis once conducted a wedding ceremony...

Our friends W. and A. got married last year. W. was studying to be a catholic priest when he met A. and decided to leave the priesthood for a less celibate relationship. A. is Jewish. It was an interesting wedding, to say the least. Between “In the name of the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit, AMEN” we shouted “MAZEL TOV” as W. crushed a glass, and the ceremony was conducted by a Catholic Priest and two Rabbis under a Chuppa in a catholic church. I’m sure God has seen stranger things, although I don't know if I have. They are now a very happy couple.

At the party on Saturday, just as A. & W. were leaving, A. brought me over to our bookshelf and whispered “To what I am about to ask, you are not allowed to react or respond in any way. Do not say a word and do not make a sound”.

Then she pointed to my What to expect when you’re expecting and asked “Could I borrow this?”

My whole body must have reacted because she immediately went “Shhhhhh!!!! Not a word! Not a word!” And I said “But…?!” and she said “Sssssshhhhhhh!” again but I insisted “How many weeks?” and she told me she was 2 weeks over due but she seemed not to have taken a test yet to confirm, so it’s in no way official. Of course, everybody has been asking them, since they got married, when they were going to have their first baby, but so far they’ve said that they are waiting because W. is not ready to become a father (something about fear of not living up to the ideal). I guess he got ready.

I just wanted to say CONGRATULATIONS, but I will have to wait a bit.


By Lovain

No comments: