Thursday, June 14, 2007

Rushing to present "The Postulation of God’s Existence as an Act of Freedom"

What’s in here?” The Husband motioned to his backpack, and I told him what I had packed for him as he was printing his paper while taking a 2-minute shower. “I made you a sandwich and your passport is in the small outer pocket!” I yelled after him as he took off on the bike to catch his train.

When I had got home from work an hour earlier, the Husband had been in a state of near panic; the boys were unfed and unattended to, nothing was packed, the paper wasn’t finished, let alone printed, the Husband couldn't find his wallet, belt or decide on which shoes to wear, and the house was a disaster!


One hour of rushing around, and the Husband was now on his way to Birmingham, England to present a paper on Kant and “The Postulation of God’s Existence as an Act of Freedom”. It had been close; he nearly didn't make it, but as always, my dad was right: when things were difficult, seemingly endless or impossible, he used to say, “Things always work out.” And I guess they do.

By Lovain

1 comment:

vanessa paumen said...

Hi Lovain, I just discovered your blog. Was looking for "life in Belgium" as I am about to move there from Texas... well next January. Then saw that your Husband seems to like Kant as well, so does mine. An academic in Comparative Literature. He is the American actually, I am the Belgian, both in our 30s, one daughter. But I have lived here for so long, that Belgium is almost like a foreign country to me. Yet, we are going back. If you are interesed in my blog, let me know. best, vanessa