Monday, June 04, 2007

Miserable day; post expensive tooth surgery

Yesterday a periodontologist numbed my mouth, pulled out my broken tooth piece by piece, drilled a large hole in my jaw bone, attached a titanium screw, added artificial bone around the screw, stitched it up with 6 stitches and charged me 1000€. Today I am not only broke but also in terrible pain. My face is swollen and my mouth very sore.

The worst of it all is that I’m only half way to restoring my tooth. In a few months I will have to go back to have the middle part attached to the screw; the part that my new tooth will actually fit onto - 200€, and two weeks later the new tooth can be fitted at the additional cost of 1000€. I know we can’t afford it but what are we to do? All because a different Belgian dentist didn't know what she was doing four years ago!


By Lovain

2 comments:

Unknown said...

OH! I feel your pain.

Actually, I don't want to feel your pain, is more like it.

I have an appointment to have 4 teeth removed on June 20th. Reading this doesn't make me feel any better about it...

Jenni said...

Hey Alan, I'll be thinking of you. Tomorrow I'm having the stiches removed. The pain is gone and hopefully it's healing well. Good luck! Lovain