Thursday, November 16, 2006

Our funday at Aqualibi Speedo world

On Sunday, the boys & I, my friends The amazing M. & Mr. Speedo (formerly known as M. - see my post from Monday, November 06, 2006) and their 2 children finally made it to Aqualibi. Mr. Speedo debuted in his fabulous new purchase and I managed to refrain from teasing him; mainly due to shock as we entered the facilities realizing that everybody was wearing Speedos. We even witnessed the guards’ rejection of a frustrated man trying to enter in shorts, and recognized his pain as he was sent to the front desk for Speedos rental. This unusual European phenomena was quickly bypassed however, as we rushed in to enjoy the slides, pools and other water fun available. We had brought food to refuel the children throughout the day, and disregarded the “no picnicking” signs hung up all around the over-prized restaurant. It was a great day. My older son, of a more careful disposition, enjoyed the smaller slides and the pool with waves. He likes to jump into the water, or even dip his head under water in a more & more successful attempt to swim, however he is scared of the bigger slides. My younger son went down the most furious waterfalls with me, only to yell “Again! Again!” after each ride. At the end of the day, I was exhausted. To run around and keep yourself from drowning in whirlpool waterfalls is half the work compared to keeping yourself AND a 45Lbs, 3 ½ year old boy constantly above water. Fun, we had, in any case, and the cost I suffered the next day, a cold, was a fair prize to pay.

By Lovain

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Sounds like a great day. Btw, speedos are always wrong.

Always.