Friday, June 30, 2006

My favorite books

It’s time for my very first list. Before the boys arrived I read books all the time. Now I have much less time to read. The beauty of books however, is that the words, the images and the characters remain with you for a very long time after you’ve read a book. These are the books in particular that made an impression on me:

(In no particular order)

Gabriel Garcia Marquez - 100 years of solitude

Umberto Eco - In the name of the rose

Anything by Charles Dickens - David Copperfield & Tale of two cities are my favourites, but most of his other books are just as amazing!

Per Anders Fogelström - Mina Drömmars stad

Heroditus - The Histories

Nathaniel Hawthorne - The scarlet letter in particular, but also The house of the seven gables

D H Lawrence - Women in love, but also some of his other books if I’m in the mood

Thomas Mann - The magic mountain – sadly I never quite finished this novel, however one day I will.

Thomas More - Utopia

Just about anything by Oscar Wilde

Leo Tolstoy - The death of Ivan Iljitjs (Smert Ivana Iljitsja) - short but great!

Marianne Fredriksson - Anna, Hanna och Johanna (also translated into English)

By Lovain

No comments: